Lately I’ve been on a quick yet savory meal kick. I want a great meal, but don’t want to spend an hour making it, and yet another hour doing the dishes. Below is a great huevos rancheros inspired brunch option using one pan and ten minutes of your time. I prefer fried eggs, olive bread, and a pico de gallo style salsa, but you can use whatever egg, bread, and salsa options you like. Plus, the recipe can be easily adjusted to accommodate 1 to 18 guests!.
- Eggs (1 egg per guest)
- Bread (1 slice per guest)
- Salsa (1 spoonful per guest)
- Uncooked Spinach (quarter cup per guest)
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Directions are as follows:
- Preheat your pan on medium heat
- Add butter, margarine, or non-stick spray.
- Add eggs to pan
- Begin toasting bread
- Flip eggs.
- Next add spinach to each guest’s plate and season with fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper
- Place 1 piece of toast on each guest’s plate and add 1 scoop of salsa on top of each piece of toast
- Remove egg from pan and place it on top of toast with salsa
Serve with a cup coffee or a glass fresh squeezed orange juice and enjoy.